I have finally got this cardigan off my needles. It seems to have taken forever, when in actual fact it has only been a month. I think since I switched to continental style knitting my speed has made me used to quicker knits. The main reason this project took so long wasn't because I was doing other projects, which is my usual reason, but because I had to knit 6 sleeves instead of 2!
I know that this doesn't sound quite right to you, but it is because I wasn't following a pattern, but making things up as I went along. This was only the second time I had done a top down set in sleeve and it showed. My first attempt at this style of sleeve was nicely disguised by the boucle of the yarn, though I don't think there was really anything wrong with it.
This latest cardigan took a while to get the short row shaping correct, as my maths temporarily deserted me, and I also had problems on decreasing along the length of the arm. I also seemed incapable of judging what length the sleeves should be. Anyway, that is all sorted out now, and the results are below.
Yup, that is a big ole pile of yarn there. It desperately needed blocking, so it is currently sitting on my foam mats getting dryer by the hour. I tried to take a photo of this process, but the cardigan is so big I can't get high enough to take a decent shot. This means you will have to wait until FO Friday to see what the final results are. I have to say, that I think this cardigan is going to be a very cozy garment indeed, well once I have sewn on all the buttons anyway.
Now I have got this enormous project off my needles I decided that I needed to make something quick and easy and without maths, so I have cast on one of my Christmas gifts. You never know, I might have something else to show you on Friday! I'll give you a clue, it's a hat.
Oh and before I go, I have to show off my recent purchase, it is from BabyLongLegs, you know her, my "go to" dyer of choice. Well she has just finished dying her last batch of the gorgeous British Merino Aran, of which there is no more available ANYWHERE and she posted it on her shop on Sunday. I tried to get there early but there were only a couple of skeins left. Luckily the batch I got was one I have always quite liked - Yoda. I got 200g and I have NO idea what to do with it. I could find a pattern, but somehow that feels like cheating with this yarn. I know it will tell me what it wants to be soon. I just have to listen hard enough.
If you wanted some of this yarn, there is only one item in her shop left. I'd hurry if I were you!
I'm linking this entry up to Tami's Amis, for our usual fun and frolics on a Wednesday.