Tuesday 19 October 2010

Actually managed to finish my homework!!

I don't believe it, but I managed to get two blocks done this week.  And they weren't totally awful.

This is a variation on the Prairie Queen block that I was talking about last week.  I managed to do about half of it on the sewing machine and then I did the rest of the piecing by hand, when I couldn't sit up any longer. 

I've decided that I don't like cutting fabric from templates.  I can't seem to make the accurate enough.  Those triangles in the "on point" blocks (where the squares stand on one corner) were cut from a template and those blocks are the only ones that didn't end up the right size.  At least with hand piecing you can wiggle the seams around more easily and fudge things a little.  I don't think it looks too bad.

I've been up to other knitting this week, but I'll talk about that in tomorrow's post for WIP Wednesday!  See you tomorrow.


Related Posts with Thumbnails