Wednesday, 22 July 2009

Aqua Jada

I finally finished casting off my Jada from the Lenpur Linen Collection. I didn't actually use the Lenpur because of it's cost, despite loving it very much. I used Patons Linen Touch.

I managed to persuade my holidaying other half to take the photos for once, so I can't blame my timer for once.

I think the colour works really well and the shape is pretty flattering.

I think this type of shape will go with pretty much any style of clothes, and the colour goes with much of my summer wardrobe. I hope to get lots of wear out of it, because of it's versatility.

The yarn I used is heavier than the recommended yarn so it feels quite weighty, but it is not too warm because of its composition of linen and cotton. The stitch pattern lets the garment breathe, as does the shape.

The long ribs on the sleeve mean that the sleeves can be worn either almost to the wrist or pushed up to the elbow.

All in all, I love this garment and the pattern was pretty straight forward, despite the massive picking up job for the ribbing around the bottom. The only sticky bit was keeping the pattern straight whilst increasing and decreasing for the sleeves. As this only covered a total of 18 rows I don't think that was too much of a challenge.

I would definitely recommend this pattern, and the book it came from is full of similarly interesting patterns. I know I will knit more from it at some point.

Now all I have to do is find something to do with the 4.2 balls of Linen Touch I have left.


Related Posts with Thumbnails